YIH Student Lounge Rules & Regulations
Please read the following rules and regulations carefully before submitting the application. The booking application can be accessed here.
Upon submission, the applicant is deemed to have read, understood and accepted the rules & regulations in its entirety.
- Applicants must be the registered NUS students' societies or NUS Departments.
- The event should be beneficial for the majority of NUS students.
- Applications are to be approved by the NUS Students' Union.
- Please be noted this is a request to book a facility only. Confirmation must come from NUSSU Secretariat Cell via email before the booking is approved.
- NUSSU has the right to reject any activity which is unsuitable to be hold in the Student Lounge.
- The booking application has to be submitted more than 2 weeks before the date and a maximum of 2 months in advance. Late submission will result in late approval or rejection of the request.
- For booking of multiple days, please submit different booking applications.
- The opening hour for student lounge is from 8am until 12mn.
- All facilities are only available for bookings in hourly blocks and must begin on the hour or half-hour and end on the hour or half-hour (e.g. 10am-1pm or 2.30pm - 9.30pm).
- The facilities open for booking are Movie Screening area, Stage area, Discussion area and Roof-top area. For the booking for conference room, please send the request to
. For other YIH facilities, please book via OSA facilities section at
- The facility will be open up 15 minutes before the booking time only.
- No consumption of alcoholic drinks in the Student Lounge.
- No overnight staying in the student lounge.
- Smoking and gambling are strictly prohibited.
- The organisers must ensure that no member of the public is allowed admission. If outsiders are involved, the organizers must apply for a Public Entertainment Licence via https://licences.business.gov.sg or call 6835 0000.
- NUSSU reserves the right to impose penalties on the applicant if the facilities, equipment, and surface are found to be damaged or has flouted any of the above stated rules.
- In case of multiple bookings taking place on the same day, priority will be given to the earliest booking.
- The premises must be used only for the purpose approved. NUSSU reserves the right to inspect and cancel at any time, if the event be deemed as deviating from the stated purpose or which contravenes the stated rules.
- Any enquires or feedback can be sent to